1n 1969, the Gottscheer Blaskapelle was founded by its present Director and President, Edmund J. Seifert. When the band started
it only had five members, but in these few members Seifert saw great promise. Now well beyond its 40th year, the Blaskapelle has grown
significantly from those early days. The success of the band can be attributed to the hard work of Edmund Seifert and the many
fine musicians that make up the band.
The purpose of the Gottscheer Blaskapelle is to preserve, teach and promote the Gottscheer musical heritage through performances given by the band.
Click here to see the 1934 Unterdeutschau and Graflinden Brass Band!